Monday, September 14, 2009

Defining Love - Part 1

I came across Tim Sander's book "Love is the Killer App" way back in 2002 and one of the things that I really liked was the way Tim's prescription of reading and aggregating wisdom. Since then I went back to the book several times, reading random pages. Tim was the first book that I encountered that talked openly about Love in the context of workplace.

He writes:
"But first, what do I mean by love?
The best general definition I have ever read is in the noted philosopher and writer Milton Mayeroff's 1972 book On Caring: "Love is the selfless promotion of the growth of the others" When you are able to help others grow to become the best people they can be, you are being loving - and you, too, grow."
More in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment